Thursday 4 June 2015

Introduction

       Hey! My name is Elena Timakova and I am an 18 year-old high school student. Currently I am enrolled in a writer's craft course and this blog is the final assignment for the course. I am definitely excited for school to end and to move on to university, although I'm not excited about the debt that will pile up.        
       So next year I am going to McMaster for life sciences. The plan is to volunteer in a hospital as much as possible, get amazing grades and get accepted into med school by third year. That most likely will not happen; I will probably need my master's, but we'll see. 
       I am really into the sciences and this blog will reflect a little bit of that. I like to read old books by already deceased authors, like Alexandre Dumas, Agatha Christie and Oscar Wilde. I listen to mostly rock music, some of it is Finnish rock (didn't see that coming, did you?) and I love to spend time with my family and friends, but who doesn't?
       This blog contains three news articles, two journals, and one short story. I am not very good at poetry, so I did not include any poems and I'm not that great with talking about myself so memoirs were out of the question. I guess I just prefer to expose as little of myself as possible to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment